ADSM-L

Re: easy way to export archive data between servers?

2005-02-03 16:06:55
Subject: Re: easy way to export archive data between servers?
From: Richard Sims <rbs AT BU DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 3 Feb 2005 15:56:46 -0500
>export server filedata=archive preview=yes
>
>And it went on for quite a while and gave me some good information in on
>the console and in the activity log, but I didnt get a list of volumes
>that I would need to actually carry out the export. ...

Jim - Export is a cranky, rather underdeveloped facility in the product
      which, if it encounters an output tape error, will simply fail,
with no restartability.  You'd be sorely pushing your luck to perform
an Export Server and expect everything to make it out.  I would
recommend doing an Export Node, one filespace at a time.  Use Preview
on that and see if you get the volsers you need.

  Richard Sims