ADSM-L

Re: configuring Non-IBM automated library(SUN) in TSM

2005-02-03 05:54:53
Subject: Re: configuring Non-IBM automated library(SUN) in TSM
From: Andreas Almroth <almrot_a AT MTNCAMEROON DOT NET>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 3 Feb 2005 11:54:16 +0100
Hi,

Well, the device links looks a bit strange. You have links to both Sun's
st driver as well as IBM's lb driver. The only usable path would be
/dev/rmt/3lb.

You list;
"ANR8840E Unable to open device /dev/rmt/0lbB with error 2."

I take /dev/rmt/0lbB is a typo, as it should have been /dev/rmt/0lb, or?

What does the lb driver attach say in /var/adm/messages? Has it found
the library device and bound to it?
Is it attached to SAN or SCSI?
If connected using SAN, can you see the library using cfgadm -al -o
show_FCP_dev?
If not, you may have to configure the zones on the SAN switch.

You could also try to start from the beginning and remove all links (rm
/dev/rmt[0123]lb), and if the system does not use other tape devices or
other generic SCSI devices linked through the generic SCSI driver (sgen)
you could try to remove the kernel modules form them as well (at your
own risk! don't blame me if the system stops);

rem_drv mt
rem_drv lb
rem_drv st
rem_drv sgen

Then re-attach the IBM modules;
add_drv -m '* 0666 bin bin' /usr/kernel/lb
add_drv -m '* 0666 bin bin' /usr/kernel/mt

This should give you only devices in /dev/rmt provided by the IBM drivers.
Test the devices with lbtest and mttest using the /dev/rmt/* devices.
Test programs should be installed in /opt/tivoli/tsm/devices/bin.

/A

Mrs. Geeta Thanu wrote:

Hello Andreas,

sorry for not giving full details...
I have installed tivoli 5.3 in sun E3500(solaris 8) which is attached to
sun's L1000 automated library with 2 drives.

As per the documentation i have included the target and LUN as recognised
by the server for the library as target=0 and LUN=0 in lb.conf and added
the library using add_drv command.

It was added with out any problem.the following are the files seen in
/dev/rmt

ls -l *lb

lrwxrwxrwx   1 root     root          51 Oct 18 16:06 0lb ->
../../devices/sbus@3,0/SUNW,fas@3,8800000/st@4,0:lb
lrwxrwxrwx   1 root     root          49 Oct 18 16:06 1lb ->
../../devices/sbus@3,0/QLGC,isp@0,10000/st@2,0:lb
lrwxrwxrwx   1 root     root          49 Oct 18 16:06 2lb ->
../../devices/sbus@3,0/QLGC,isp@0,10000/st@3,0:lb
lrwxrwxrwx   1 root     other         49 Feb  3 12:00 3lb ->
../../devices/sbus@3,0/QLGC,isp@0,10000/lb@0,0:lb

when I try to define a path by giving /dev/rmt/0lb or 1lb or 2lb or 3lb
I am getting the following error

ANR8840E Unable to open device /dev/rmt/0lbB with error 2.
 ANR8418E DEFINE PATH: An I/O error occurred while
  accessing library L1000

Please help me to find out what I am doing wrong..

Thanks
Geetha