ADSM-L

Re: EXPORT errors

2005-01-31 17:04:01
Subject: Re: EXPORT errors
From: fred johanson <fred AT MIDWAY.UCHICAGO DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2005 16:03:42 -0600
Each client on the list has a filespace with an fsid, but no name.

At 02:52 PM 1/31/2005 -0700, you wrote:
Not sure this will yield anything of interest, but what does this show:

select node_name, '"' || filespace_name || '"' from filespaces where
node_name='CERIUM'

(or pick any other node name that is having this difficulty).

Regards,

Andy

Andy Raibeck
IBM Software Group

The command line is your friend.

"ADSM: Dist Stor Manager" <ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU> wrote on 01/31/2005
14:42:26:

> I'm trying some machines to a different server.  I've exported the
client
> definitions for three large clients successfully.  These will just cycle
> away in two months on their old box.  I've tried exporting 5 different
> smaller clients, all with the same results:
>

> >01/31/05   12:06:26      ANR0919E Filespace name  with length 0 was
> >encountered for
> >                           nodes
> > CERIUM,STORM,STARBUCK,CALYPSO,MA,HONEYCOMB,PICASSO-
> >
> >.BSD.UCHICAGO.EDU,BUBBLES,MUTANTS,OUTGROUP.UCHICAGO.EDU,-
> >                           CETUS,THERA,MHD2,BLAST,FLEETWOOD. (SESSION:
> > 49773,
> >                           PROCESS:
> > 1410)
> >01/31/05   12:06:26      ANR9999D smxi.c(1165): ThreadId<155> Error 1
> >setting
> >                           object names. Callchain of previous message:
> > 0x10016138
> >                           outDiagf <- 0x104127D4 SmQryExportObjects <-
> > 0x10433AC4
> >                           DoExportImportVerbs <- 0x104348C4
> > SmAdminSession <-
> >                           0x10404230 DoAdminGeneral <- 0x10407378
> > smExecuteSession
> >                           <- 0x10417F3C XiSessionThread <- 0x10007AE8
> > StartThread
> >                           <- 0xD004B410 _pthread_body <-  (SESSION:
> > 49773, PROCESS:
> >                           1410)
>
> The listed nodes with 0 length filespace names are in other domains, and
> are primarily IRIX machines with a few Linux86.  Thay all have what
seems
> to be healthy filespaces attached to them.  If I try exporting the 5
nodes
> with filed=none, they export the definitions without problem.  I suspect
DB
> corruption, but at 200+ Gb for the DB, audit is out of the question.
>
> Both sending and receiving machines are AIX 5.2 and TSM 5.2.2.5.  Until
> today and this domain, there hasn't been a hint of trouble with EXPORT
NODE.

> Fred Johanson
> ITSM Administrator
> University of Chicago