ADSM-L

Re: Changing the profile

2005-01-31 07:13:19
Subject: Re: Changing the profile
From: Richard Sims <rbs AT BU DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2005 07:12:25 -0500
On Jan 30, 2005, at 9:48 PM, Hashim, Shukrie BSP-ISM/116 wrote:

I need some help here, I have some data sitting on some tapes and I
need to change the profile or the characteristics of the data to be
ARCHIVED data can I do that ? is there any database manupulation ..
involved ? thanks

No. The essence of the TSM product is data integrity and preservation,
as stored. You cannot meddle with the data from the standpoint of the
server. All data alteration decisions are done at the client end, where
the data is owned and where its purpose is defined.

Presuming that the data you are writing about is Backup type, you could
restore it to a special directory and from there perform an Archive,
then Expire the backup data if you wish.

   Richard Sims    http://people.bu.edu/rbs