ADSM-L

Re: TSM Linux v5r3 client GUI

2005-01-27 14:45:36
Subject: Re: TSM Linux v5r3 client GUI
From: Stef Coene <stef.coene AT DOCUM DOT ORG>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2005 20:44:34 +0100
On Thursday 27 January 2005 19:31, Joerg Pohlmann wrote:
> Note that the old "dsm" GUI for 5.3 has been replaced with the dsmj
> Java-based GUI. See the readme for the client. This is also true for AIX,
> HPUX, and Solaris.
One problem, you can't use the -serverparameter if you use dsmj :(
I solved it by creating my own dsmj version:
If you supply a parameter when you run dsmj, it will create a  random dsm.opt
file in /tmp and set the needed environment parameter so the dsm.opt in /tmp
is used.  In the dsm.opt file, I specify the server I want to use.  So I can
emulate the -se option from the good, old dsm interface.

Stef