ADSM-L

Re: AW: TSM 5.3 Administration Center

2005-01-27 08:14:57
Subject: Re: AW: TSM 5.3 Administration Center
From: Rainer Tammer <tsm AT SPG.SCHULERGROUP DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2005 14:14:33 +0100
Hello,

Thomas Rupp wrote:

Hi Kathy!
Another remark from a customer with TSM as the onyl Tivoli application
to manage.

I'm a bit disappointed that Tivoli drops support for the web interface
as soon as
it starts with the new Administration Interface.
Why couldn't tivoli overlap support for both interfaces for lets say 1
Version.
I'm habe been using IBM products for more than 25 years and I have never
seen such
a sudden change before.
Wouldn't it make sense to offer the "old" web interface as long as the
new AC
needs some time to mature?

I took a quick look to the TSM 5.3 server code... and the code for the
old WEB GUI is still in the server.
Only the dsmserv.idl file is missing ...

Kind regards and greetings from Austria
Thomas Rupp

Bye
 Rainer Tammer