ADSM-L

Re: IP address selection by TSM server

2005-01-26 11:07:39
Subject: Re: IP address selection by TSM server
From: Richard Rhodes <rrhodes AT FIRSTENERGYCORP DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 26 Jan 2005 11:05:13 -0500
I'll take a shot . . . .

Could this be a routing issue?

You may have a default route setup to point to the router on the private
network.  All hosts not on the locally attach networks ( that are arp'able
) will have reply packets sent to the default route.  If this is the case,
then you will need to setup a static route for hosts/networks that are off
the immediate public net.

Rick

                      Zoltan
                      Forray/AC/VCU            To:       ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST
DOT EDU
                      <zforray AT VCU DOT EDU>        cc:
                      Sent by: "ADSM:          Subject:  IP address selection
by TSM server
                      Dist Stor
                      Manager"
                      <[email protected]
                      .EDU>

                      01/26/2005 10:48
                      AM
                      Please respond to
                      "ADSM: Dist Stor
                      Manager"

I asked this before, but never got any response.  I need to asked it
again, since the issue has arisen, again, and I can see this escalating
into a bigger problem.

The TSM AIX server is multi-homed (external/public normal 10/100
connection and internal/private 10/100/1000 private subnet).

A client contacts the TSM server on the "public" (128.172.x) connection.
Then the TSM server tries to contact the client via the "private",
192.168.x subnet.

Is there any way to tell the TSM server to contact the client via the same
IP connection that was used to contact it, unless the client has
tcpclientaddress specified to use the private network ?

The information contained in this message is intended only for the personal
and confidential use of the recipient(s) named above. If the reader of this
message is not the intended recipient or an agent responsible for
delivering it to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that you
have received this document in error and that any review, dissemination,
distribution, or copying of this message is strictly prohibited. If you
have received this communication in error, please notify us immediately,
and delete the original message.