ADSM-L

Re: Tape volume in wrong storage pool/devclass?

2005-01-25 04:40:32
Subject: Re: Tape volume in wrong storage pool/devclass?
From: John Naylor <John.Naylor AT SCOTTISH-SOUTHERN.CO DOT UK>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2005 09:40:09 +0000
Joe Howell wrote

>>As the volume was created three weeks or so ago, and my oldest TSM log
>>isn't that old, I can't pursue this any further.  Somehow this volume
got
>>created and reused without one of TSM or RMM "knowing" about it, but I
>>can't figure out how.

Try looking at TSM volhist, z/OS system logs and RMM logs for references
to your tape.
Might be a good idea to check what RMM thinks are your onsite and offsite
tapes with what TSM thinks,
to see how far your problem goes.
How long have you been using your z/OS1.4,TSM, RMM, 3494 ATL. Have there
been any changes to any of these components or the way you use them
recently.
John

The information in this E-Mail is confidential and may be legally
privileged. It may not represent the views of Scottish and Southern
Energy Group.
It is intended solely for the addressees. Access to this E-Mail by
any disclosure, copying, distribution or any action taken or omitted
Any unauthorised recipient should advise the sender immediately of
the error in transmission. Unless specifically stated otherwise, this email (or
any attachments to it) is not an offer capable of acceptance or acceptance of
an offer and it does not form part of a binding contractual agreement.

Scottish Hydro-Electric, Southern Electric, SWALEC and S+S
are trading names of the Scottish and Southern Energy Group.