ADSM-L

resourceutilization

2005-01-24 12:59:35
Subject: resourceutilization
From: Joni Moyer <joni.moyer AT HIGHMARK DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 24 Jan 2005 12:59:03 -0500
Hello All!

I have a Solaris client at the 5.2.2.0 TSM client level and the user would
like to know how to stream a single archive that sends multiple files to
the TSM server through 1 session instead of multiple sessions.  I have the
MAXNUMMP set to 2 for this client and I have looked at the dsm.sys file and
there is no resourceutilization parameter within the file, so I believe it
is using the default.  I couldn't find the value for the default of the
number of sessions a client can start on the TSM server, which in my case
is an AIX 5.2.2.5 server.  Here is the user's question:  "If I issue an
archive with multiple files TSM starts multiple sessions - one for each
file.  Do we have a approach to limit the number of sessions?"  Any
suggestions/help would be appreciated.  Also, when issuing an archive, is
it possible to override the dsm.sys file and specify the
resourceutilization for that archive at the time it is issue?  Thanks
again!

Joni Moyer
Highmark
Storage Systems