ADSM-L

Re: Anyone installed 5.3 yet?

2005-01-24 10:50:04
Subject: Re: Anyone installed 5.3 yet?
From: Zoltan Forray/AC/VCU <zforray AT VCU DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 24 Jan 2005 10:48:26 -0500
FWIW, the README.SRV file for AIX says:

When the 5.3 server starts existing FILE volumes in FILLING state are
marked  as full.

In 5.2.x and prior servers, the server accepted a PATH definition for a
local  FILE Library and FILE drives, although it was not used in any way.
Such definitions are not accepted by a 5.3 server and are rejected.  This
could be problematic if these definitions are contained in a devconfig
file, and must
be removed manually.

"Rushforth, Tim" <TRushforth AT WINNIPEG DOT CA>
01/24/2005 10:33 AM
Please respond to

ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
cc

Subject
Re: Anyone installed 5.3 yet?

Hi Jurgen:

Can you provide any details on the bug with FILE volumes?  Is there an
open APAR on this?

Thanks,

Tim Rushforth
City of Winnipeg