ADSM-L

Fw: Cache Hit % below 99%

2005-01-20 09:26:12
Subject: Fw: Cache Hit % below 99%
From: Joni Moyer <joni.moyer AT HIGHMARK DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2005 09:26:15 -0500
I have looked at the TSM Performance and Tuning Guide and the System Memory
on the TSM server is 4096MB.  Since the table only went to 2048MB, I just
doubled the amount of the recommended buffer pool size to 524288, which I
assumed was in KB.  It is still only in the 95% range, so that's why I'm a
little confused as to why it isn't higher...

Server Option      Option Setting        Server Option      Option Setting

-----------------  --------------------  -----------------
--------------------
CommTimeOut        60                    IdleTimeOut        15

BufPoolSize        524288                LogPoolSize        1024

I looked at the message that the bufferpool size can't exceed 10% of
physical memory.  10% of 4GB would be 419430 KB.  524288 KB > 419430 KB,
but what occurs when it is higher?  I didn't really see any info. on what
happens if it is higher...  Thanks again!

PS Thanks for the link to that Performance Diagnosis presentation.  I'm
sure it will come in handy!

********************************
Joni Moyer
Highmark
Storage Systems
Work:(717)302-6603
Fax:(717)302-5974
joni.moyer AT highmark DOT com
********************************

             "Richard Sims"
             <rbs AT bu DOT edu>
             01/20/2005 08:27          "Joni Moyer"
             AM                        <joni.moyer AT HIGHMARK DOT COM>
                                                                        cc

                                                                   Subject
                                       Re: Cache Hit % below 99%

Joni - See  BUFPoolsize  in ADSM QuickFacts.
        The TSM Performance Tuning Guide is your best basic reference in
this area.

   Richard Sims