ADSM-L

NetWare 6.5 hangs with password!

2005-01-20 05:39:15
Subject: NetWare 6.5 hangs with password!
From: "Hougaard.Flemming FHG" <FHG AT KMD DOT DK>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2005 11:38:36 +0100
Hi all

We have been seing some problems with backup of NetWare 6.5 SP2 2 node cluster
and TSM Client version 5.2.2.9 (and 5.2.2.0 & 5.2.2.3) - the situation is as
follows:

1. Backup "freeze" - Processor utilization approx. 90%, and no way out of
it.... only to migrate volume and reboot server (which often results in a
abend).

2. Sometimes the backup is stuck (again Processor utilization approx. 90%) due
to a BA client screen in which I'm prompted for user/password - after this have
been typed in  we are back in a normal situation!

Any good ideas??

Regards
Flemming

www.kmd.dk   www.kundenet.kmd.dk   www.eboks.dk   www.civitas.dk
www.netborger.dk

Hvis du har modtaget denne mail ved en fejl vil jeg gerne, at du informerer mig
og sletter den.
KMD skaber it-services, der fremmer effektivitet hos det offentlige,
erhvervslivet og borgerne.

If you received this e-mail by mistake, please notify me and delete it. Thank
you.
Our mission is to enhance the efficiency of the public sector and improve its
service of the general public.