ADSM-L

Re: TSM Client on HMC

2005-01-20 04:04:55
Subject: Re: TSM Client on HMC
From: Stef Coene <stef.coene AT DOCUM DOT ORG>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2005 10:04:13 +0100
On Wednesday 19 January 2005 21:48, Miles Purdy wrote:
> That is basically my thoughts. I not sure yet how useful it will be (we
> only got the HW two weeks ago), but it can't hurt to back it up, I'm
> thinking.
For backup purpose, each HMC has a DVD ram.  You can create a schedule on the
HMC so it creates a backup each night.  1 empty DVD ram should be delivered
with the HMC.  Each HMC has also a DVD that you can be used to scratch the
hmc.
In fact, you don't need to backup the HMC.  All partition information is
stored on the pSeries itself.  You can connect a new hmc and download the
configuration if you want.
Only if you created extra users and/or changed other settions of the HMC, you
need the backup on DVD ram.

If you are not familiar with the HMC and/or pSeries, I advice you to contact
IBM or an IBM business partner.  Because you need to know what you are
doing....  This is not simple stuff.

Stef