ADSM-L

Re: select statement: help!

2005-01-19 13:02:26
Subject: Re: select statement: help!
From: Richard Sims <rbs AT BU DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2005 13:01:41 -0500
Joni - Match your quotes and you'll quickly see what's wrong.

   Richard Sims

On Jan 19, 2005, at 12:31 PM, Joni Moyer wrote:

Hi Andy!

You have a very good point of showing my command.  Without it is kind
of
difficult.  Here is the exact command that I am entering (I'm just
going to
use admin admin as id and password and xxxxx as the servername):

dsmadmc -server=xxxxx -id=admin -password=admin -displaymode=table
'select
entity as node_name, date(start_time) as date, -
        cast(activity as varchar(10)) as activity, time(start_time) as
start, time(end_time)as end, cast(bytes/1024/1024 as decimal(6,0)) as
megabytes, -
        cast(affected as decimal(7,0)) as files, successful -
               from summary
        where date(start_time)> date(current_timestamp - 1 day) -
        and (entity like 'HM%' or entity like 'PAB%' or entity like
'VMS%'
or entity like 'GEOHMKLG%') -
        and activity='BACKUP' order by successful'

I've just been entering this on the command-line, so I don't have any -
within the command.  That's when I receive the following:

ksh: 0403-057 Syntax error: `(' is not expected.
/home/lidzr8v (chrs144:lidzr8v)

Do I not need the quotes around the select statement?  Thank you in
advance!