ADSM-L

Re: TSM RECOVERY LOG mode (TSM server windows 2000)

2005-01-17 13:19:05
Subject: Re: TSM RECOVERY LOG mode (TSM server windows 2000)
From: "Prather, Wanda" <Wanda.Prather AT JHUAPL DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 17 Jan 2005 13:18:37 -0500
As I recall, when you change it to ROLLFORWARD, it will ask to do a full
DB backup right away.

So it might be better not to do it while RECLAMATION is running, or
EXPIRATION, or if you don't have a tape drive free to do the DB backup.

But client backups running shouldn't be a problem, and there is no
danger that I know of in just turning it on.
Never had a problem switching back and forth.

Wanda Prather
"I/O, I/O, It's all about I/O"  -(me)