ADSM-L

Re: Move vols from I/O on 3584

2005-01-06 15:09:25
Subject: Re: Move vols from I/O on 3584
From: "Stapleton, Mark" <mark.stapleton AT BERBEE DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 6 Jan 2005 14:09:13 -0600
From: ADSM: Dist Stor Manager [mailto:ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU] On
Behalf Of fred johanson
>The Operations manual for the 3584 Library says to use "host
>application software move the cartridges into the library"
>after the operator puts them in the slot.  The only place from
>TSM that I can figure this could work is when the operators'
>return script get to
>
>                 move drm * wherest=courierr tost=onsiter.
>
>Will this get the carts from the slot to the robot?  If so,
>should I add a "cmdfile=..." to the move command and then a
>"Checki libv &vol..." to the script?

The

  move drm * wherest=courierr tost=onsiter

command merely moves the volumes from private to scratch status--no
more. Once the above command is completed, you then run

  checkin libv <library> search=bulk status=scratch checkl=barcode

This of course assumes that you have put the tapes into the I/O slots in
the library.

Berbee Information Networks
Office 262.521.5627