ADSM-L

Re: ISC on WinXP or Unix

2005-01-05 22:12:23
Subject: Re: ISC on WinXP or Unix
From: TSM_User <tsm_user AT YAHOO DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 5 Jan 2005 19:12:11 -0800
Our plan is to install the ISC and Admin Center on a Windows 2000 server.  We
can then very easily remote desktop to this server and run the java applet
there.  This should work fine with a 56K line.

I have installed the ISC and Admin center on a Virtual machine running Windows
2000 and Windows 2003 (using VMware)  Note I even had TSM Server running there
as well.  I set them to start with 486MB of RAM and they ran just fine.  It
takes a little longer to start but from there it works fine.  So if you really
want it on your laptop then use MS Virtual PC or VMWare.

Richard van Denzel <RvanDenzel AT SLTN DOT NL> wrote:
How the .... am I going to administer my TSM Server(s). I sometimes have
to do this on a 56k dial-up connection and I don't want to blow-up this
line by running the java-sh.t remotely.

Richard.

Michael Hedden
Sent by: "ADSM: Dist Stor Manager"