ADSM-L

What does it backup?

2005-01-05 07:54:02
Subject: What does it backup?
From: Rick Harderwijk <RHarderwijk AT FACTOTUMMEDIA DOT NL>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 5 Jan 2005 13:53:38 +0100
Hi all,

I was just checking my activity log on my TSM 4.2 server and noticed something
odd. One of the clients (W2K server with Oracle + an imagebank) did a backup of
2588 files, amounting to almost 9Gb.

I know not that many data modifies in a single day so I checked to be sure, and
indeed: only 707 files (393Mb) were modified. My next guess was that, for some
reason, the Oracle datafiles or backuplogs where backed up (normal Oracle
backup runs through TDP as a seperate job) but when I did a point-in-time
check, no oracle datafiles were found - and there shouldn't be, as they are
excluded from regular backup in dsm.opt.

Can anyone tell me how I can check what files it actually did backup? I really
want to know what that data is...

Kind regards,

Rick Harderwijk
Systems Administrator