ADSM-L

Re: Multiple TSM servers on single machine.

2005-01-04 15:29:19
Subject: Re: Multiple TSM servers on single machine.
From: Richard Sims <rbs AT BU DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 4 Jan 2005 15:28:39 -0500
I would be cautious of the tendency to jump to the conclusion that the
database had a problem because you could not query a filespace. As seen
in numerous past postings, filespace visibility issues are often due to
character set code page inconsistencies between the client which
created the filespace and the thing doing the querying...which is to
say, Unicode differences.  Whatever the case, make sure your problem is
very well defined before embarking upon anything as drastic as a db
audit.  (In ADSM QuickFacts, see entry "dsmserv AUDITDB" and the
warning about doing them on your own.)

  Richard Sims   http://people.bu.edu/rbs