ADSM-L

strange reclaimation behavor

2005-01-04 09:33:13
Subject: strange reclaimation behavor
From: "Tyree, David" <david.tyree AT SGMC DOT ORG>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 4 Jan 2005 09:17:37 -0500
            I have something strange going on with my reclaimations. I have
the system issue a command in the afternoons to start reclaiming tapes by
dropping the levels to 60%. I then have it issue another command around
midnight to raise the levels back to 100%.

            When I get here in the morning I will usally find that
reclaiming is still going on. I have verified that the stop_reclaim scripts
are actually running by looking at the actlog for the time period involved.
I end up doing a cancel process to get it to stop.

            I could understand it still running if it was in the middle of a
50-60 gig file but it's only moving small (several meg) files. It's had
about eight hours to stop on it's own. I would have thought it would have
found an opertunity to stop after eight hours.

            The contents of all of the scripts involved are correct. I have
one starting the tapepool and another to start the copypool and another
couple to raise the level back up. I alternate different pools each night.

            Any ideas here?

I'm running 5.2.2 on a Win2k server with 4 LTO2 drives in a PV136T library.

David Tyree
Enterprise Backup Administrator
South Georgia Medical Center
229.333.1155

Confidential Notice:  This e-mail message, including any attachments, is for
privileged information.  Any unauthorized review, use,  disclosure or
message.