ADSM-L

Re: 3584 Library Mixed LTO1-LTO2 Environment

2005-01-03 17:08:27
Subject: Re: 3584 Library Mixed LTO1-LTO2 Environment
From: "Stapleton, Mark" <mark.stapleton AT BERBEE DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 3 Jan 2005 16:08:15 -0600
From: ADSM: Dist Stor Manager [mailto:ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU] On
Behalf Of Prather, Wanda
>Has anyone tried creating 2 TSM library definitions on the one
>physical library address?.
>I've done that with ACSLS libraries, and I believe you can do it with
>3494 libraries...

You can do this with IBM 3583 and 3584 libraries. There are some
restrictions with the 3583 setup, but both work well. (I had one
customer sending his ArcServe--running on NetWare--backups to one
logical partition, and some other funky backup app running on FreeBSD
and sending backups to the other partition. Worked like a champ!)

Berbee Information Networks
Office 262.521.5627