ADSM-L

Re: Upgrading TSM server from 5.1.5.0 to 5.2.3.4

2004-12-22 09:07:09
Subject: Re: Upgrading TSM server from 5.1.5.0 to 5.2.3.4
From: Richard Sims <rbs AT BU DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 22 Dec 2004 09:04:06 -0500
On Dec 22, 2004, at 10:10 AM, Nicolas Savva wrote:

Hi to all,

I am running a TSM server version 5.1.5.0 and TSM clients version
5.1.5.0
on Windows 2000 platform. I am planning to migrate the current version
for
both TSM server and clients to version 5.2.3.4 in order to be able to
solve
some problems (with greek file names).

Is there any documentation available describing the migration
procedure?

This is called a "migrate install".  The AIX Quick Start manual fully
explains this term and the process; but for some reason, disparities in
the Quick Start manual across platforms leaves the Windows version
without an explanation of this terminology. But in chapter 2, the
Windows Quick Start manual does describe Migrating, so look there.  See
also IBM site Technote 1177863 regarding TSM server upgrading.

  Richard Sims