ADSM-L

Re: Passwordaccess Generate

2004-12-16 14:15:36
Subject: Re: Passwordaccess Generate
From: "Prather, Wanda" <Wanda.Prather AT JHUAPL DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 16 Dec 2004 14:10:34 -0500
If you have a TSM administrator's id, you can use that with
virtualnodename option, instead of needing the individual client
password, but from your email I assume you do not have an
administrator's id.

But you probably DO know the TSM name of the machine you are likely to
use to recover if your machine is unavailable.

On YOUR machine, start the TSM client, pull down UTILITIES -> NODE
ACCESS LIST.
OR alternatively, you can use the TSM command line command:  SET ACCESS.
Read about this in the book, or the HELP.

You can grant access to the recovery machine to restore your machine's
files.
No password required after the SET ACCESS is done.
(Of course, you have to plan ahead and do this BEFORE your machine
dies.)

Also under UTILITIES, you can change your own password, instead of
letting the TSM server do it.
If your TSM admin has set up to force password change every 30 days, and
you change it on day 29, the TSM server won't change it again.  So you
WILL know what it is.

Hope that helps.