ADSM-L

Resourceutil-Problems

2004-12-13 03:23:44
Subject: Resourceutil-Problems
From: Christoph Pilgram <Christoph.Pilgram AT BC.BOEHRINGER-INGELHEIM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 13 Dec 2004 09:21:25 +0100
Hi all,

We have W2K-Clients with (in general 2) very big filesystems ( more than 5
million files each) ( 2 GB RAM). They run with TSM-Client 5.2.2.0.  Because
memory runs too long in the night, we tried to do it with 'resourceutil 4'.
We got an 'out of memory' abend. We gave 8 GB of RAM to the Client, nothing
changed, it allways runs 'out of memory' if we work with more than the
default number of sessions ( 'memoryefficientbackup' ).
Can anybody give some help (on how to make use of the 8 GB RAM to speed up
the backup).

Thanks
Christoph