ADSM-L

TSM 5.2.3.0 upgrade : reclamation problems

2004-12-10 10:43:20
Subject: TSM 5.2.3.0 upgrade : reclamation problems
From: "Post, J." <post AT NLR DOT NL>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 10 Dec 2004 16:28:05 +0100
Does this look familiar to anyone ?

After upgrading the TSM server (WIN2K,SP4) from 5.2.2.2 to 5.2.3.0 the
reclamation for our COPYPOOL_COLL reports
unreadable files, sometimes even before it has accessed any tapes (see log
message below).

    203 Space Reclamation    Offsite Volume(s) (storage pool COPYPOOL_COLL),
                               Moved Files: 2336025, Moved Bytes: 489,968,253,-
                               125, Unreadable Files: 107, Unreadable Bytes: 0.
                               Current Physical File (bytes): 24,781,030
Curre-
                               nt input volume: BP5079L2.
Current output
                               volume: BP5013L2.

Auditing the corresponding tapes and the corresponding disc volume did not
result in any errors. As I am rather unhappy
with the current situation all input/advise and tips are welcome.

Best regards,

Jacob Post, post AT nlr DOT nl