ADSM-L

Re: exclude/include simple question ...

2004-12-10 08:50:15
Subject: Re: exclude/include simple question ...
From: Andrew Raibeck <storman AT US.IBM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 10 Dec 2004 06:49:57 -0700
An empty directory should not cause an rc 8 during archive: What output
are you seeing?

In this example, c:\x\y is a directory structure that is empty.

C:\Program Files\Tivoli\tsm\baclient>dsmc archive c:\x\y\ -su=y
IBM Tivoli Storage Manager
Command Line Backup/Archive Client Interface - Version 5, Release 2, Level
3.0
(c) Copyright by IBM Corporation and other(s) 1990, 2004. All Rights
Reserved.

Archive function invoked.

Node Name: AMR
Session established with server BABYLON_5: Windows
  Server Version 5, Release 2, Level 0.0
  Server date/time: 12/10/2004 06:47:58  Last access: 12/10/2004 06:47:48

ANS1016I No eligible files were found.
Archive processing of '\\amr\c$\x\y\*' finished without failure.

C:\Program Files\Tivoli\tsm\baclient>

Andy Raibeck
IBM Software Group

The command line is your friend.

"ADSM: Dist Stor Manager" <ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU> wrote on 12/10/2004
03:56:50:

> hi all,
> i have a problem
> i'm doing archiving of files from directory with delete files option =
yes,
> the thing is when archive schedule is runing the second time and finds
> 0 files in that dir it generates error 8 which is not what i want, (i
have
> a script that sends sms and email on managers mobile when error code 8
> appears, pretty dumb ... but ...), ok so i put file called safe into the
> directory and exclude.archive /directory/safe is the way it should
> be done, right ? ... i'll move on now i think you are following me ..
:-)