ADSM-L

Re: Is there a way to check past backup totals

2004-12-09 13:15:31
Subject: Re: Is there a way to check past backup totals
From: Curtis Stewart <Curtis.Stewart AT LAWSON DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 9 Dec 2004 12:15:07 -0600
$1 and $2 are parameters you pass when you run the script. Adjust the
numbers to fit what you want to see.

 select nodes.domain_name,summary.activity,sum(cast(summary.bytes/1-
  024/1024/1024 as decimal(6,2))) as GB from nodes, summary  where
  (end_time between current_timestamp - $1 hours and
  current_timestamp - $2 hours) and (activity='BACKUP' or
  activity='RESTORE' or activity='ARCHIVE' or activity='RETRIEVE')
  and ((nodes.node_name=summary.entity)) group by
  domain_name,summary.activity order by activity,domain_name asc

Here's the output from one of my servers using 24 48

tsm: MSPTSM01COL>run query_past_activity_by_domain 48 24

DOMAIN_NAME            ACTIVITY   GB
------------------     ------------------
---------------------------------
HP-COL                 ARCHIVE 33.86
AIX-COL                BACKUP 70.33
BRMS                   BACKUP 89.12
DOMINO                 BACKUP 8.87
HP-COL                 BACKUP 185.04
NT2-COL                BACKUP 4.05
SUN-COL                BACKUP 8.60
DOMINO                 RESTORE 11.35
AIX-COL                RETRIEVE 0.52
ANR1462I RUN: Command script QUERY_PAST_ACTIVITY_BY_DOMAIN completed
successfully.

tsm: MSPTSM01COL>

curtis.stewart AT lawson DOT com

Timothy Hughes <Timothy.Hughes AT OIT.STATE.NJ DOT US>
12/09/2004 12:08 PM
Please respond to

ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
cc

Subject
Is there a way to check past backup totals

Hello all,

Is There a way for me to find out the total GB that I
have been backing up each night say for the last week or two?
or even the past couple of days a select query perhaps?

I would like to increase my disk pool and would like
to check each nights backup say for the last couple days
or more.

TSM version 5.2.3.5
AIX 5.2

Thanks for any help!