ADSM-L

Question About Tapes In Lib as Private - But No History / Data On them

2004-12-09 09:58:35
Subject: Question About Tapes In Lib as Private - But No History / Data On them
From: "Hart, Charles" <charles.hart AT MEDTRONIC DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 9 Dec 2004 08:58:13 -0600
We have found a strange situation with Tapes in our library I'm hoping that
some one could clarify what we are seeing...

Libvol Info : States its Provate but no data - Its in the Library
tsm: MSPSTG5>q libvol 3494lib1 i01448

Library Name     Volume Name     Status         Owner          Last Use
Home        Device

Element     Type
------------     -----------     ----------     ----------     ---------
-------     ------
3494LIB1         I01448          Private

Q vol States that TSM DB
tsm: MSPSTG5>q vol I01448 f=d
ANR2034E QUERY VOLUME: No match found using this criteria.
ANS8001I Return code 11.

I looked in the volume history file and did a grep for I01448 and its not
there, we also verified that the library and tape vol categories matched... .
Can I assume that this tape can be Scratch? (I can make scratch by checkout /
chekin process. We are also wondering how this may have happened... If the data
was expired it should go prom private to scratch... right?

Any confirmation would be great, because we could regain many tapes.

Thanks a bunch!!!!!!