ADSM-L

United Linux

2004-12-09 08:43:02
Subject: United Linux
From: Paul van Dongen <Paul AT VANGUARD-IT.COM DOT BR>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 9 Dec 2004 10:37:56 -0300
Hello everybody,

    I have to answer a question of a possible customer who wants to use
TSM to backup some servers to a Intel machine running United Linux. The
clients will be United Linux on Intel, Netware 6.5, W2K and iSeries
running SLES 8 and RedHat AS 3.0. I've read the READMEs and found that
TSM will work with all of these. But the customer also wants Lan-free
for the United Linux machines, and I didn't find anything on the 5.2.3
storage agent being comptible with UnitedLinux 1.0.
    Someone had this before?

Paul Gondim van Dongen
MCSE
IBM Certified Deployment Professional -- Tivoli Storage Manager V5.2
VANguard - Value Added Network guardians
http://www.vanguard-it.com.br <http://www.vanguard-it.com.br/>
+55 81 3419-8094