ADSM-L

Re: Optimal Tape drive amount using for tsm

2004-12-08 15:05:21
Subject: Re: Optimal Tape drive amount using for tsm
From: "MacGregor, Michael" <MMacGregor AT MHS DOT NET>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 8 Dec 2004 15:05:00 -0500
I guess you should be able to do the math...1Gb/sec HBA = 100MB/sec
throughput and 2Gb/sec HBA = =200MB/sec.  3590-H1A's have about a 12 to 15
MB/sec throughput with a little overhead.  Just divide those numbers and
leave a little extra room.  Remember that if you're upgrading from older
drives...say E1A's or B1A's, you have to format your 3590 tapes to double
the capacity.

Michael MacGregor
Memorial Healthcare System