ADSM-L

Re: Is it possible to backup up multiple mssql server instances in one command?

2004-12-07 09:29:45
Subject: Re: Is it possible to backup up multiple mssql server instances in one command?
From: Del Hoobler <hoobler AT US.IBM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 7 Dec 2004 09:29:40 -0500
Kjell,

No. This is not possible.

You can have one TSM NODENAME and back it up with
two separate invocations of "tdpsqlc". For example:
   tdpsqlc backup * full /sqlserver=.\D01   ...etc...
   tdpsqlc backup * full /sqlserver=.\BD1   ...etc...

However, I don't recommend this. I recommend that you have a
separate TSM NODENAME for each SQL Server instance.

Thanks,

Del

"ADSM: Dist Stor Manager" <ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU> wrote on 12/07/2004
08:29:23 AM: