ADSM-L

Re: Restore files using wildcards

2004-12-03 19:46:25
Subject: Re: Restore files using wildcards
From: Richard Sims <rbs AT BU DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 3 Dec 2004 19:45:44 -0500
>Hello All!
>
>I would like to use wild cards within a restore command and I was wondering
>how to do this for the following?
>
>Central/*/Reports/Monthly/AGY*_Rpt_2004-06*
>
>Would it just be dsmc restore
>"/Central/*/Reports/Monthly/AGY*_Rpt_2004-06*"

Hi, Joni -

Good to see the quotes around the filespec: that should do it, to restore
the data back to its original location.
Before doing most restores, I habitually put the same source filespec into
a 'dsmc query backup ...', which will in a simple way give me a preview
of what will be restored.  Allow time for the client and server to
interact to expand the wildcards relative to the filespace inventory.

    Richard Sims