ADSM-L

Re: LAN FREE PERFORMANCE :Aggregate data transfer rate BAD PERFORMANCE

2004-12-03 17:10:39
Subject: Re: LAN FREE PERFORMANCE :Aggregate data transfer rate BAD PERFORMANCE
From: Dave Canan <ddcanan AT ATTGLOBAL DOT NET>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 3 Dec 2004 14:12:17 -0800
        There is very little information in this post to really tell what
might be happening here. The first suggestion, however, I would make is to
upgrade the TSM server and storage agent to a level of 5.2.2 or higher. The
reason for this is that there were numerous performance improvements made
in the 5.2.2 release with respect to communications between the TSM server
and the SAN Storage Agent. Also, there have been many improvements in the
area of tape handling in the 5.2.2 release that might address performance
problems.
        I would not  guarantee that this will fix the performance problems
you're having, but it should help. Also, at the higher release we (IBM)
have access to an improved server instrumentation trace that can help us
diagnose performance problems easier. If this does not completely address
the performance problem, I would suggest a call to TSM support and ask for
TSM performance assistance.