ADSM-L

Re: ANS5186E Server is downlevel

2004-12-02 16:00:40
Subject: Re: ANS5186E Server is downlevel
From: Richard Sims <rbs AT BU DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 2 Dec 2004 15:58:34 -0500
On Dec 2, 2004, at 3:45 PM, Levi, Ralph wrote:

I just installed a tsm 5.2 client on a Windows 2003 box and get this
message.

ANS5186E Server is downlevel, System Services and System State backup
disabled for this session.

My TSM server is running 5.1.9 (AIX 4.3.3).  I found a comment on
google
to use "backupregistry no" but that didn't help.

Has anyone else encountered this and can help ?

The Messages manual says that your server needs to be 5.2 or better.
Always check level compatibility doc before upgrading anything.

   Richard Sims