ADSM-L

novell restores and compressed volumed

2004-12-02 10:39:28
Subject: novell restores and compressed volumed
From: Jim Kirkman <jmk AT EMAIL.UNC DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 2 Dec 2004 10:38:13 -0500
Mark,

Saw your post from back in March about this but couldn't find any
replies. Any chance you remember what the fix was? I've just encountered
 the same error ((TSAFS.NLM 6.50 333)An attempt was made to put
compressed data on non-compressed volume)) trying to restore some data
to a new (NSS) drive.

Hi all, we are trying to restore our DAT: volume from one old NetWare
client to a new client....The restore started out fine, and then
detected a system error. " trying to restore compressed data to a non
compressed volume" Restore stopped....We are going to try to turn
compression on to the new volume, but Is there some issues with doing
this? I know in the past, we always told our Novell Admin's to turn
compression off because of this scenario...Thanks

Thanks, Mark Hayden

thanks

--
Jim Kirkman