ADSM-L

Re: Upgrading AIX from 4.3.3 ML 10 to AIX 5.2

2004-11-30 03:33:19
Subject: Re: Upgrading AIX from 4.3.3 ML 10 to AIX 5.2
From: goc <goran.k AT VIP DOT HR>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 30 Nov 2004 09:33:12 +0100
----- Original Message -----
From: "Peter Hadikin" <Peter_Hadikin AT BCIT DOT CA>
To: <ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU>
Sent: Monday, November 29, 2004 11:26 PM
Subject: Upgrading AIX from 4.3.3 ML 10 to AIX 5.2

Hello TSMers

We are planning to finally update the AIX version on our RS6000 that is
running our TSM server.  Currently we are at AIX 4.3.3 ML 10 and we are
planning to install AIX 5.2.  The TSM server on this box is sitting at
TSM 5.1.5.4.  Can we simply upgrade to AIX 5.2 and leave the TSM server
at 5.1.5.4 for the time being?  Would it be beneficial to move to some
level of the TSM 5.2.x server?  If we are moving to TSM 5.2.x, can we do
a one step migration from TSM 5.1.5.4 or are there multiple steps to the
upgrade?

Any info or experiences would be most appreciated,

Take care,
Peter

Peter Hadikin
phadikin AT bcit DOT ca
Phone: 604-432-8452
Fax: 604-439-6785

dont forget to upgrade microcode levels for your hardware
for aix 5.2 before upgrading the OS, or you will be in trouble