ADSM-L

Re: Drive fault ?

2004-11-29 07:18:12
Subject: Re: Drive fault ?
From: Richard Sims <rbs AT BU DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 29 Nov 2004 07:17:23 -0500
On Nov 29, 2004, at 3:10 AM, Hashim, Shukrie BSP-ISM/116 wrote:

Why do you think this drive is very very stubborn? I make it online
and it becomes offline automatically ...

That's a common condition when the drive is defective - I have a drive
doing that currently.
Your posting does not indicate that your OS error log has been examined
to gather the detail data for analyzing the problem for isolating the
cause, so delve into gathering that evidence.  Your CE should have
wanted
to see that detail info before embarking upon his work.

    Richard Sims