ADSM-L

Re: LTO Media

2004-11-26 12:08:06
Subject: Re: LTO Media
From: Richard Sims <rbs AT BU DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 26 Nov 2004 12:07:59 -0500
The experienced-based responses on this issue have been excellent,
and demonstrate the great value of our forum.

I don't believe it's been noted in past postings, but there is a
Tape Technology Council (http://www.tapecouncil.org/), whose mission
is to increase the awareness and understanding of taep technology,
and to serve as a resource of information.  Of pertinent note to
this topic, they have an "Ask the Expert" form under the Resources
tab, where you can ask questions about tape.  This might be an
interesting approach to take in pursuing batch quality issues.
Don't miss the excellent Articles section under that tab.

Some other things worth checking out:

  ADSM-TSM history (Mike Kaczmarski article for Computer Technology Review):
    www.plcs.nl/upload/files/nieuws/TSM%2010%20Years.pdf
 or www-1.ibm.com/industries/cpe/download9/19719/TSM_10_Years_CTR_Reprint.pdf

  "Is it Tape *and* Disk or Tape *versus* Disk?"
        http://wwpi.com/CTR_Current/June04_2.asp

 Richard Sims     http://people.bu.edu/rbs