ADSM-L

Re: New hardware, new TSM version

2004-11-26 09:33:27
Subject: Re: New hardware, new TSM version
From: Henrik Wahlstedt <shwl AT STATOIL DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 26 Nov 2004 15:33:11 +0100
Hi,

Why do you need to do an upgrade db after a restore? You restore your db to
the same server level, right? And then upgrade..

"Be aware that you will need to do an dsmserv upgradedb after you have
restored your databases."

//Henrik

                    Daniel Sparrman

                    <Daniel.Sparrman        To:     ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU

                    @EXIST.SE>              cc:     (bcc: Henrik Wahlstedt)

                    Sent by: "ADSM:         Subject:     Re: New hardware, new
TSM version
                    Dist Stor

                    Manager"

                    <[email protected]

                    T.EDU>

                    2004-11-26 13:50

                    Please respond

                    to "ADSM: Dist

                    Stor Manager"

Hi Lars-Erik

Easiest way would be to back up the databases on both machines and then
restore the databases back to the new hardware.

The LTO-1 tapes should have no problems operating with the new LTO-2
drives. However, you will not recieve the larger capacity of the
LTO-2(200/400GB). They will still operate with their native
capacity(100/200GB). You will however get higher throughput using your new
LTO-2 drives with your old LTO-1 tapes. I believe the throughputrate is
somewhere at 25MB/s.

When you have your new hardware up and running (new servers and new tape
drives) you can migrate the information from the old LTO-1 tapes to new
LTO-2 tapes to utilize the increase in capacity.

Be aware that you will need to do an dsmserv upgradedb after you have
restored your databases.

If you have any further questions, plz email me directly.

Best Regards

Daniel Sparrman
-----------------------------------
Daniel Sparrman
Chef Utveckling & Drift
Exist i Stockholm AB
Propellervägen 6B
183 62 TÄBY
Växel: 08 - 754 98 00
Mobil: 070 - 399 27 51

Lars-Erik Öhman <larsa.ohman AT CARNEGIE DOT SE>
2004-11-26 13:35
Please respond to

ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
cc

Subject
New hardware, new TSM version

Server W2k
TSM 5.1.5.0 and 5.1.7.0
Library: 3583 LTO1

I will upgrade both of my server to new hardware and run Windows 2003 on
them. I will also upgrade to version 5.2.2.X (the 5.2.2 CD is delivered to
me). I will upgrade my 3583 library to LTO2 drives. How can i move all my
data to the new servers? Meaning all my MC, Policys, Schedules, scripts
etc. Can I dump the database and restore it on the new server? Are there
any good redbooks about this?

Thanks in advance.

/Larsa

Lars-Erik Öhman

IT Systems, servers and applications

Carnegie Investment Bank AB

Gustav Adolfstorg 18

103 38 Stockholm

tel. +46 8 676 88 14

www.carnegie.se <blocked::
file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/larohm/Application%20Data/Microsoft/Signatures/www.carnegie.se

This communication is from a Carnegie company within the Carnegie Group.

The information contained in it, including any attachment or enclosure, is
contain confidential and/or privileged material. Any unauthorised use,
review, retransmissions, dissemination, copying or other use of, or taking
of any action in reliance upon, this information by persons or entities
other than the intended recipient is prohibited. If you received this in
error, please contact the sender and delete or shred the material
immediately. Thank you.

Opinions, conclusions and other information expressed in this message are
not given or endorsed by my firm or employer unless otherwise indicated by
an authorised representative independent of this message.

this message.
Thank you.