ADSM-L

ANR0781E

2004-11-24 10:43:31
Subject: ANR0781E
From: Thomas Denier <Thomas.Denier AT MAIL.TJU DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 24 Nov 2004 10:34:50 -0500
I have been attempting to run a server to server 'export node' from
a 5.1.7.2 server under z/OS to a 5.2.2.0 server under zSeries Linux.
I did a number of successful exports using this pair of servers a couple
of months ago, but attempts yesterday and today have consistently
failed with message ANR0781E on the z/OS server. I have found no evidence
that the Linux server was contacted at all. Each failure leaves behind an
administrative session with 'Memory IPC' listed as the communications
method and a status of 'Idle wait'. These sessions do not respond to
'cancel session' commands. Both CommTimeOut and IdleTimeOut are set at
five hours, and some of these sessions have by now been in idle wait
status for over 20 hours. I have tried reseting the server password
using a 'set serverpassword' command at the Linux end and an 'update
server' command at the z/OS end. This did not fix the problem. I have
already placed a call to IBM.