ADSM-L

Re: Different stgpool for RMAN archivelogs and datafile backups?

2004-11-24 10:27:55
Subject: Re: Different stgpool for RMAN archivelogs and datafile backups?
From: "Kowieski.Ingrid" <Ingrid.Kowieski AT WE-ENERGIES DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 24 Nov 2004 09:27:33 -0600
We just went through this....we considered the approach that you
proposed below, it turned out to be more work than we needed to do.  The
following is what we ended up doing:

Stanza in dsm.sys:
SErvername DP
   COMMmethod           TCPip
   TCPPort                              port#
   TCPServeraddress             server address
   nfstimeout                           120
   txnbytelimit                         25600
   tcpbuffsize                          512
   tcpwindowsize                64
   resourceutilization          5
   largecommbuffers             yes
   commrestartduration          480
   commrestartinterval          120
   inclexcl
/opt/tivoli/tsm/client/oracle/bin64/dsm_dp.inclexcl
   schedlogname
/opt/tivoli/tsm/client/oracle/bin64/dsmsched_dp.log
   errorlogname
/opt/tivoli/tsm/client/oracle/bin64/dsmerror_dp.log
   schedmode                    prompted
   passwordaccess               prompt
   schedlogretention            10 d
   ERRORLOGRetention  10 d

Dsm.opt in tdp directory:
Servername dp

Dsm_dp.inclexcl in tdp directory:
INCLUDE /adsmorc/.../DB* DBTAPE_TDPNC (or RMAN_TAPE_POOL)
INCLUDE /adsmorc/.../LOG* DBDISK_TDPNC (or RMAN_DISK_POOL)

You will need the dba to specify a naming convention so all database
files start with DB and all log files start with LOG.  Hope this
helps......we struggled with the right strategy for a while.  Let me
know if you have any questions.

Ingrid