ADSM-L

Re: Tape Library experiences - ADIC 24 ADIC 100 HP MSL50xx and 60xx

2004-11-18 16:29:28
Subject: Re: Tape Library experiences - ADIC 24 ADIC 100 HP MSL50xx and 60xx
From: "Prather, Wanda" <Wanda.Prather AT JHUAPL DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 18 Nov 2004 16:29:15 -0500
The IBM 3583 is also a rebranded ADIC Scalar 100.

We just ordered our 3rd, had the first for over a year.
No issues whatever.
Have both SCSI and fibre types, have had no issues.

BUT, they are not getting a brutal workout, load isn't that heavy.

Nicest thing about the ADIC 100, it is very evolved, for a small
library.
One of the few small-footprint/moderate entry cost libraries that has a
full-sized, fully automated I/O door.

We vault tapes daily, having a library that we can fully automate for
insert/eject is important.

YMMV.

Wanda Prather
"I/O, I/O, It's all about I/O"  -(me)