ADSM-L

client idling

2004-11-18 03:46:56
Subject: client idling
From: Tim Piqueur <tim.piqueur AT DEVGEN DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 18 Nov 2004 09:45:54 +0100
When I try to backup a client (scheduled at 5am) it starts and the
actlog seems to indicate that everything is going well. Altough it skips
some files in the process, mostly files that are in use by users on this
W2K server.

After some times it starts giving the following messages:

11/18/2004 08:47:14      ANR0481W Session 16061 for node ASPIDITES
(WinNT)
                          terminated - client did not respond within 60
seconds.

11/18/2004 08:47:51      ANR0406I Session 16064 started for node
ASPIDITES (WinNT)
                          (Tcp/Ip aspidites.devgen.com(3666)).

That goes on for hours and in the end it seems to have backed up only
1GB in 6 hours!
It does keep a session running all the time tough. This blocks some of
my scripts since they do not run if there are other sessions running.

Thank you in advance.