ADSM-L

Re: Tom cat webserver and TSM

2004-11-17 13:53:56
Subject: Re: Tom cat webserver and TSM
From: Mats Kling <mats AT KLING DOT NU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 17 Nov 2004 19:38:15 +0100
Sandra wrote:

Dear All,
Any one taking backups of TOM Cat webserver? If yes please enlighten me if there
are any issues or are there any specific to it. I will be running it on Windows

Even thou I don't (yet!) backup any of the tomcat servers with tsm,
there should not be any problems.

you MAY find some locked files, but it should only be some on-the-fly
compiled javasnippets (depending on your configuration).

don't forget to exclude logfiles (as they use to grow quickly/gets
modified often) and watch for any type of database (if it's a small
server you may have some kind of database running on it too, and THEY
don't like to be backup'ed online ;)

you could also exclude the lockfiles (don't know what they are called on
windowsservers, but look for *.lck) , but it's not so important, you
willl only get a warning when you startup a newly restored server, and
the old lockfiles will be overwritten by the server after the startup..

another thing to keep in mind is that if you only backup the tomcat
directory and use any type of databases, to think on backing up
odbc/jdbc drivers(and settings), that may be located elsewhere on the
server.

regards,
Mats