ADSM-L

Re: LOCKCYCLE02 error

2004-11-17 08:01:07
Subject: Re: LOCKCYCLE02 error
From: David E Ehresman <deehre01 AT LOUISVILLE DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 17 Nov 2004 08:00:38 -0500
Thanks.  That appears to be it exactly.

Can one revert from 5.2.3.4 to 5.2.3.3 without restoring the tsm db?

David

>>> storman AT US.IBM DOT COM 11/16/2004 11:13:33 PM >>>
Likely suspect: IC43445:

ABSTRACT:
TSM SERVER ABENDS WITH ANR7837S INTERNAL ERROR LOCKCYCLE02
DETECTED

ERROR DESCRIPTION:
 The TSM Server can crash with a LOCKCYCLE02 assertion
 failure. The assertion failure occurs as a result of a
 lock request being aborted which would occur
 from the resource monitor. The crash will only occur if
 more than 1 resource was waiting on a particular
 lock and 2 of those resources have been aborted due
 to resourcetimeout.

 Customer/L2 Diagnostics:
 The traceback for this problem will be the following:
 pkAbort
 pkLogicAbort
 CheckLockCycles
 TmFindDeadlock
 TmDeadlockDetector
 StartThread

 The dsmserv.err will report the following error messages:

 ANR7838S Server operation terminated.
 ANR7837S Internal error LOCKCYCLE02 detected.

 In the activity log just prior to the crash, you will
 most likely see at least 2 occurrances of the following
 message:

 ANR0538I A resource waiter has been aborted.

 Platforms affected: All 5.2.3.4 ITSM Servers

 Initial Impact: High
 Additional Keywords: Assert resource wait admres deadlock
                      locking lockholder core dump logicabort
                      MSGANR7837S
 LOCAL FIX:
 1) Back-level the TSM Server to 5.2.3.3 or prior
 2) Increasing the resourcetimeout may or may not provide
    relief depending on how long the resources have to wait.

Andy Raibeck
IBM Software Group

The command line is your friend.

"ADSM: Dist Stor Manager" <ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU> wrote on 11/16/2004
20:56:45: