ADSM-L

Re: Validate protocol=yes

2004-11-17 07:57:30
Subject: Re: Validate protocol=yes
From: Richard Sims <rbs AT BU DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 17 Nov 2004 07:56:42 -0500
On Nov 17, 2004, at 6:01 AM, Sergey Chernyaev wrote:

During restoration of a file (from file backup) on one of servers
periodically some files (all time different) are restored with a
mistake, i.e. a restored file differs from initial, and at repeated
restoration he can be restored normally. In logs it is not reflected,
the size and date of a file coincide. ...

I don't recall any prior postings over the years claiming inconsistent
data being returned by TSM.  You can turn on CRC validation if you
want, but if these issues are real, they speak to mighty serious
problems with your hardware, in both mutating data and failing to
detect its alteration.  We don't know what hardware or software you're
using, but it merits review, and probably replacement.

   Richard Sims