ADSM-L

incremental backup

2004-11-17 05:09:38
Subject: incremental backup
From: Nicolas Launay <n.launay AT B-A-W DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 17 Nov 2004 11:07:48 +0100
Hi all !

TSM 5.2 on W2K...

I' d like  :

-a full backup of a folder (and its content) on a client on sunday.
-an incremental backup only if a file is modified every night of the week
-and so on...

My  backup copy group is set up like that

 Policy Domain Name              FS01_POLICY_DOMAIN

 Policy Set Name                 FS01_POLICY_SET

 Mgmt Class Name                 FS01_MGMT_CLASS

 Copy Group Name                 STANDARD

 Versions Data Exists            2

 Versions Data Deleted           1

 Retain Extra Versions           30

 Retain Only Version             60

 Copy Mode                       MODIFIED

 Copy Serialization              SHRSTATIC

 Copy Frequency                  0

 Copy Destination                FS01DEV0_DISKPOOL1

 Table of Contents (TOC)         -
 Destination

 Last Update Date/Time           2004-10-25
                                 16:43:29.000000

 Last Update by (administrator)  ADMIN

 Managing profile                -

Now when I do for the first time (sunday) :

      dsmc i D:\MyFolder\ -subdir=yes

all of my files in MyFolder are backed up, as it should be.

But when I enter the same command the day after, it backs up everything
again whereas no file has changed. The copy mode MODIFIED should not make
only a backup of modified file?

How should I do to bakcup what I want like I want?

Thank you

Nicolas