ADSM-L

TDP for Exchange and B/A client exclude list

2004-11-17 01:10:08
Subject: TDP for Exchange and B/A client exclude list
From: Sandra <sadi AT SUPER.NET DOT PK>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 17 Nov 2004 11:18:52 +0500
Dear All,
Can someone enlighten me on which folders should I exclude from being backedup
using BA client 5.2.2 while I am taking backups of Exchange server 2000 using
TDP for Exchange 5.2.2. My TSM Server is on windows 2000 and version is 5.2.2.5
and am going to upgrade to 5.2.3.

Should I exclude entire directory of "storage group" files and transaction log
files entire directory?
My aim is to backup the rest of the system using TSM BA client and use TDP
exchange to backup exchange and while restoring.. I will restore entire system
from BA client which will include Exchange configuration and TDP exchange willl
restore storage group and public folders if backed up.

Thanking you in advance ,... !!

Sandra!