ADSM-L

Re: Error writing registry password

2004-11-16 14:41:29
Subject: Re: Error writing registry password
From: Andrew Raibeck <storman AT US.IBM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 16 Nov 2004 12:41:08 -0700
The node passwords are encrypted into subkey
HKLM\SOFTWARE\IBM\ADSM\CurrentVersion\Nodes\<nodename>\<servername>

where <nodename> is the name of the node, and <servername> is the TSM
server name (as shown by the admin QUERY STATUS command). The

I would try the following:

1) Make sure you're logged in as a local administrator.

2) Clean out the <nodename> subkey in the registry.

3) Set PASSWORDACCESS PROMPT in the options file.

4) Start the client. When prompted for the password, make sure you can
connect, then quit.

5) Change PASSWORDACCESS back to GENERATE.

6) Start the client. Enter the password when prompted, then quit.

Does it work?

Andy Raibeck
IBM Software Group

The command line is your friend.

"ADSM: Dist Stor Manager" <ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU> wrote on 11/16/2004
11:49:44: