ADSM-L

Re: To Library Share Or Not?

2004-11-12 08:29:35
Subject: Re: To Library Share Or Not?
From: "Warren, Matthew (Retail)" <Matthew.Warren AT POWERGEN.CO DOT UK>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 12 Nov 2004 12:48:20 -0000
they have a setup here with 2 TSM servers, each being a master of their
library for the other. Storage pool backups occurr to the 'offsite'
library mastered by the 'other' TSM server.

It is awkward in that should work need doing to one library or machine,
even just a simple audit library, then the activity on both servers
needs to be stopped before it can happen.

It also puts a twist in the plot for managing scratch tape levels etc..

Matt.